from week ending May 31, 1998
Design and Instructions by Diana Trupiano
It's that time of year again, time to thank the dedicated professionals who educate and nurture our most important assets: our children. From pre-school, to college, these are the hardest working individuals on the planet. Don't you think it's time to show them how much you appreciate their time? This craft is quick, easy, and the perfect project to do WITH your child.
I saw a banner similar to this one in a book, magazine, or flyer, years ago. This is my version. If you are the original designer, please let me know who you are so I can give you the credit for this great craft idea!
6" X 7" canvas scrap
7" dowel - 1/8" diameter
assorted floral and solid color fabric scraps
fusible web seraps
A1eene's Thick Designer Tacky Glue
12" thin twine or ribbon
glitter or pearl paint writer for water droplets
black permanent marker
assorted colors fabric or permanent markers
1) Fringe sides and bottom of canvas scrap.
2) On top edge, put a thin line of glue. Fold edge down nbout 1/2" and finger press to flatten, set aside.
3) Fuse web to wrong side of fabric scraps.
4) Trace and cut shapes: water can 1 butterfly - 1 flower heads - 5 stems - 5 leaves - 10 or more
5) Fuse fabric cut outs to canvas.
6) Add detail to water can with black permanent marker.
7) Glue on buttons.
8) Print message using fabric or permanent markers.
9) Add water drop1ets with paint writer.
10) Insert dowel through casing at top.
11) Tie twine or ribbon to dowel ends.
12) Set aside to dry completely.
back to home page