Basket Pin Cushion
Design and Instructions by
6 - 1/2" x 1/2" wooden
6" piece 18g. floral wire
2" mini basket
5" circle fabric, color and
print of your choice
Needle and sturdy thread
Assorted colors acrylic paint OR
- Gently bend wire to form curved handle;
- If basket has a handle, you can thread the
spools onto it, or cut it off and use the wire instead.
- Sew a gathering stitch around edge of
- Stuff tightly with Fiberfill as you pull
threads to gather into a ball. Tie off securely. Trim
- Glue fabric ball, gathered side down, into
- Paint center section of spools as desired
OR wrap with floss and glue ends to secure.
- Thread spools onto wire leaving
approximately 1" on each end free.
- Bend wire to slightly tuck into last
spool, forming a loop.
- Glue handle to inside edge of basket.
to home page