from week ending 9/12/99
Design and Instructions
by Diana Trupiano ©1999
4" clay pot
1 1/2" clay pot
2 feet thick cording, color of
Aleene's All Purpose Primer
Aleene's Premium Coat Acrylics in
Ivory, Hunter Green, Holiday Green, TrueYellow
Aleene's Clear Gloss Varnish
Permanent pen in brown
Sea wool sponge
Round tooth picks
Flat paint brush
- Apply a coat of primer to all surfaces; let dry.
- Apply two coats Ivory to large pot; let dry between
- Apply two coats Hunter Green to small pot; let dry
- Sponge Hunter Green to rim of large pot; let dry.
- With pen, draw vine in to large pot as desired.
- Cut small (1/2" - 3/4") leaf shape from miracle
sponge. Dip in water to expand; squeeze out well.
- Sponge leaf shapes onto vine as desired; let dry.
- With pen, outline leaves as desired.
- Add flowers to vine and rim as follows: Dip end of tooth
pick into True Yellow paint and dot in desired location.
With point of pick, pull paint from center, out to make
- Once all paint is dry, apply Clear Gloss Varnish; let dry
- Tie a double knot in one end of cording. Thread through
hole in small pot.
- Determine desired length by holding next to larger pot.
Tie a double knot at desired location. Thread cording
through hole on larger pot, and tie into a loop on the
end for hanging.
back to home page