Clay Treasure Box
from week ending 8/30/99
Design and Instructions
by Diana Trupiano ©1999
This is a great little box to
give a small gift in. It's a great project to use up those tiny
bits and pieces of Polymer Clay.
Paper Mache' box, size & shape
of your choice (I used a square 1 3/8" box)
1/2 brick Sculpy II clay, color of
Scraps of Sculpy II, colors of
your choice (I used all pearl colors in this project, for their
Aleene's Premium Coat Acrylic
Paint in black
Flat paint brush
- Lay aluminum foil on work surface.
- Place top on box. With pencil, very
lightly draw along the lower edge of top. Remove top, set
- Roll 1/2 brick of clay to 1/8"
thickness. trim one edge straight. Place edge of clay
along pencil line on box. Wrap clay around box to meet
ends. Smooth ends together with fingers. Trim along
pencil line with exacto.
- Fold clay to underside of box. Press
smooth, trim excess if needed.
- Re roll excess clay as in step 1. Press
onto box top, smoothing joints with fingers. Trim along
bottom edge with exacto.
- To make same design as photo: Roll green
clay into a very thin "snake" shape. Lay on box
in desired vine pattern. Press into clay.
- For leaves adn flower petals: Pinch off a
very small ball of clay. Roll into a tear drop shape and
press into place. Press a very small round bead into the
center of each flower.
- Place box and top, upside down, on a
square of aluminum foil. Place foil on cookie sheet and
bake in a 265º oven for 30 minutes. Let cool completely
- Sign and date the bottom!!!
- Paint inside of box and top, and outside
top edge of box (above pencil line, where no clay was
placed) black. Let dry completely.
There! Wasn't that
easy?! What a great way to give a small gift. Just think, no
wrapping paper needed!!!
back to home page