Angel Votive Candle Cover
Design and instructions by Diana Trupiano©2000
I love to sit out on my deck on
cool summer evenings.
I designed these votive candle covers to hide the citronella candles that keep away the bugs.
Any theme or design could be easily incorporated into the basic pattern.
See another votive cover project! Peace Dove Votive Cover ©1999
Aleene's Crafting Plastic
Gallery Glass colors as stated in step #4, or of your choice
Gallery Glass Liquid Leading in black
1) Lay printed pattern on a flat
2) Lay Crafting Plastic over pattern.
3) Apply a line of Gallery Glass Liquid Leading to design outlines; let dry over night.
4) Fill in areas as desired with Gallery Glass colors.
Hair: Sunny Yellow and White Pearl swirled together with a tooth pick.
Face and Hands: Canyon Coral
Wings: White Pearl swirled with a tooth pick.
Sleeves: Magenta Royal and Crystal Clear or White Pearl swirled with a toothpick.
Skirt: Amethyst and Crystal Clear swirled with a toothpick.
5) Once colors have been applied, let dry completely (at least over night.)
6) Carefully cut out design close to leaded outline. Fold on designated lines, fit tabs together.
7) Place votive candle in heat safe cup and place on tab area for stability.
**NOTE** Never leave candles burning unattended! Never leave young children unattended near burning candles!
Set your printer to 96 dpi to print this pattern in the correct size (8 1/2 x 11)
back to home page